Welcome to the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Communications and Media blog! This blog is for you - COCM pediatricians who are already interested in media issues impacting the lives of today's children and families.
In this space, we will develop together an amazing array or resources to help each other become better communicators with our patient's and their parents about media issues and better advocates in the community about the importance of media issues on the lives of kids and families.
The list of potential topics is endless but some that jump to mind include:
- current media studies
- announcements about media-related conferences and meetings
- ideas for talks and lectures on media issues
- social media tips and nuts and bolts: including how to blog!
- media tips to help each other interface with the media better in print, online, radio and TV
- our work in action: ways we, COCM pediatricians, have done what we can to use the media to improve the health and well being of children whether it be to talk to a local reporter in our home town or to work nationally on an AAP campaign.
Don't forget to check out our regular COCM website once in a while. And, if you have an idea for a blog post, drop me an email at email@example.com.
AAP COCM Web Site and Blog
Image: AAP COCM website